Step 2: Post a line or two from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: For those who are guessing -- looking the lyrics up on a search engine is CHEATING!
Step 5: If you like the game post your own
1) I bow my head to confess / The temple walls are made of flesh
2) We linger alone / Bodies confused / Memories misused
3) What would you do / If the whole world turned its back on you?
4) and the grand facade, so soon will burn / without a noise, without my pride
5) To get your prescription filled / I was standing in line with Mr. Jimmy
6) Falls from my obsessions, you’re the last to know / You’ve arrived, arrived to my confession
7) We've got a long, long way to run, / The moon is up, / Tonight, I am coming home
8) I'll be a diode, cathode, electrode / Overload, generator, oscillator
9) If you don’t rate / Just overcompensate / At least you know you can always go on Rikki Lake
10) From the day me born Jah ignite me flame gal / A call me name and it’s me fame
11) Old woman, upon your hand I see a death's-head ring. / Old woman, it's our winter, and we'll never see a spring.
12) I’m counting on you, Lord / Please don’t let me down / Prove that you love me
13) Everybody says its nice / Can I can and come and visit? / I’ll be at your house tonight
14) Ran into a chum with a bottle of rum / And we wound up drinking all night
15) You’ve got quite an appetite / For being wronged and in the right
16) Tease a little more / Easy operator come a knockin' on my door
17) Cynthia wore the prettiest dress / With different color socks
18) And you may find somebody kind to help and understand you / Someone who is just like you and needs a gentle hand to…
19) As you search for your demi-god / And you fake with a saint
20) Currents breed tiny monsters / True sailing is dead
Ok, these did not come off an mp3 player, they came off Yahoo!'s streaming radio. Which has no shuffle - I just fast-forwarded through the songs.
My musical taste is not obscure enough for this meme, at least my musical taste as reflected by Yahoo's streaming radio. Most of these are no-brainers, but have fun with it if you want.