Sep. 22nd, 2008
Rob's mom bought another house, which I don't care about. She originally said she was planning on having Alex live there. Hey, it's her carpeting & walls & crap for him to fuck up. This morning she called Rob & wants us to go look at the house because now she wants us to take it since it's smaller than the house we're in & have Tania, James & Alex take this house. Which would be fine, I mean, after all it's virtually rent-free and we're charity cases, but I have some specific reasons as to why I do not want to move to this particular house.
For one, it's closer to his mom & dad's house. I don't want to live closer to them. Especially since living closer to them also means living farther away from my job, the doctor, the post office... I mean, yeah, we live in a crappy-ass ghetto, but we're also a block from Lake Mead & everything is on Lake Mead. We hardly use any gas whatsoever in running our errands. We've reached a truce with the scorpions for the most part. Another thing is just the move itself. Rob's mom cannot ever let anything like this be done in a leisurely fashion... No, she wants to rent the U-Haul trailer at the butt-crack of dawn and have everything moved by noon & the truck unpacked & returned by 3pm. Which is fine if all you're moving is an appliance or something, but not an entire household of crap.
When I called Rob on my lunch break, he said 'Mom wants us to go look at the new house...' and I interrupted him with an emphatic, "No! I do not want to live closer to your mother!" He then replied, "Well, if you had let me finish my fucking sentence..."
Oh, by all means, continue.
A good part of me just wants to call him back & tell him to not pick me up from work, but I don't even have bus money. And where the Hel would I go, anyway? The library? A bar? I can't even go to the gym because I think I owe them like, $80 or something along those lines. I've really got to start socking some cash away here & there for just these kinds of occasions. I would call him back & tell him exactly why he is about <___> that far from me not coming home, but I'm at work & I'm not bringing drama into the cubefarm. I guess I'll just have to wait for the car ride home.
I've got a couple new friends, so really I'd love it everyone would fill this out. If you don't want to answer all the questions, or even if you answer "no comment" for a few that's fine.
01) Are you currently in a serious relationship? - Married, dunno if it qualifies as 'serious'. I was seriously pissed off at the old man, but he apologized the minute I got into the car this evening...
02) What was your dream growing up?
To be a paleontologist
03) What talent do you wish you had?
Any talent, any talent at all would be fantastic. Even if it was just something I could get on The Gong Show for
04) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
Unsweetened brewed iced tea - but I'm also pretty keen on good mojitos right now, too.
05) Favorite vegetable? Heh heh heh... this could be sooooo dirty. Seriously, though, I like Brussels sprouts - lightly steamed w/salt & butter.
06) What was the last book you read? - Shamans of the World by Brad Keeney
07) What zodiac sign are you? - Capricorn
08) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where.
- Black cat on a red moon - left front shoulder
- Coyote from the Medicine Cardson my upper left arm
- Chris Achilleos' Lilith wrapped around my right boob
- A kangaroo rat on top of my left boob
- A green pentagram supported by antlers in the center of my shoulderblades
- A faery woman w/purple wings in a pink dress on my right hip (she is so getting covered up by some of Coop's fat lil' devil girls)
- Native American directional fetishes on my right ankle
- Two pythons, one red & yellow, the other green & blue, that go from my boobs to my pubes.
- And two very conservatively pierced ears
09) Worst Habit? - Pickin' my nose!
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride? - Of course!
11) What is your favorite sport? - Horse racing
12) Do you have a Pessimistic or Optimistic attitude? - Pessimistically realistic
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me? - Try not to pass gas. Honestly, I'm well-behaved in elevators. I mostly lounge on one of the handrails.
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you? - Getting hit in the head w/a cast-iron cooking pot. Twice. I will be the first one to tell people - if you ever get hit w/a cast-iron cooking implement, don't get back up.
15) Tell me one weird fact about you. - I used to be able to tie cherry stems in knots in my mouth, but I can't do it anymore since I got a tooth pulled. It must have been a strategic cherry-stem-knot-tying tooth.
16) Do you have any pets? Yes, two ball pythons
17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly? - Bad idea. Call first & make sure you talk to a live person, don't just leave a message saying you're on your way over. Rob's got violent tendencies towards unexpected visitors.
18) What was your first impression of me? - You are a quiet, compassionate, smiling source of strength for someone dear to me.
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary? - Terrifying and compelling
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? - My skin. I'd sell my soul for beautiful skin.
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience? - A friend bails you out of jail. A true friend is sitting next to you asking, "When we get out, want to do it again?"
22) What color eyes do you have? - Hazel
23) Ever been arrested? - Uh, no...
24) Bottle or can soda? - Fountain Coke is the best, but I usually go for cans, unless I can get the green-glass old-fashioned bottled Coke.
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it? - Pay off some credit cards
27) What's your favorite place to hang out at? - Libraries & coffee shops
28) Do you believe in ghosts? - Yes. Boo!
29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time? - World of Warcraft.
30) Do you swear a lot? - Yes, motherfucker! You assholes gotta fucking problem with that?!
31) Biggest pet peeve? - Elevator etiquette or the lack thereof. Do not stand an inch in front of the elevator door & get pissy-faced when someone tries to exit said elevator. And do not get on the elevator when people are trying to get out. Think ahead & stand back a little. Geez.
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself? - Cranky
33) Do you believe/appreciate romance? - No, not really.
34) Favourite and least favourite food? - Favorite - Alaskan King Crab Legs. Least favorite - Spaghetti. Ugh.
35) Do you believe in God? - I believe in many Gods (Funny story - one of my previous co-workers asked this of me once & she misunderstood me. She thought I said, "I believe in mini-God" so she had to ask a qualifying question: "What's a mini-God? Is it like a Fun-Size Snickers bar?")
36) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you? - Uh, yeah, sure
Your result for The Godzilla Personality Test!...
Godzilla: King of the Monsters!
Godzilla. The Original Badass. Congratulations, Mr. Mutated Dinosaur.
Bad News: You tend to have nuclear meltdowns on rare occasions (Godzilla vs. Destroyah) and you have a weakness to this thing called the Oxygen Destroyer. So you're not completely invincible.
Good News: You might as well be though. You've fought every monster out there and you usually come out on top. Sure you had your goofy moments in the 70's but really you are one bad son of a bitch, and everybody knows it. You have a lot of respect and people know when to get out of your way. Congrats, you're like the Fonzie of giant monsters! Oh and you tend to get mad whenever someone screws up the environment so hey good for you.